Rachel Downer has over 20 years’ experience working in human resources in a variety of industries in private, public and not-for-profit sectors. Rachel is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and has recently completed a Masters degree in employment law at Surrey University. Rachel is an accredited and certified mediator trained through the London School of Mediation.
Examples of projects that Rachel has advised on include:
• advising on dismissals and redundancies to ensure a quick and effective result
• reviewing and writing employment policies on a variety of subjects including grievance, disciplinaries and harassment
• introducing an appraisal process and providing training for both managers and appraisees
• running staff surveys and working with managers to present the results and implement changes
• assisting with employment related disputes, such as “personality clashes” and providing mediation services
• reviewing and revising remuneration structures including bonus and benefit schemes
• developing induction training to ensure new staff quickly understand the business and become productive.
Rachel sits as a lay member on the Employment Tribunals in London South in Ashford.